I know I've said it before, but July ended up being a difficult month. Not a hard month particularly, but minor illness, sciatica, a week of being sad, a month more or less of not feeling well overall, heat...You name it and it pretty much knocked me off kilter. And it's left me feeling I am out of place somehow.
For one thing, school has started. Every year I've gotten excited about a 'new year' when school began. This year, I feel terribly blasé. And honestly, I'm a little puzzled about it.
For another thing, I have several minor health issues that I've found have been terrible stumbling blocks. I've been reluctant to make appointments that would obviously provide answers or solve issues because I don't feel well. I've felt overwhelmed by decisions, period. And yet, I have no good reason for not feeling well. I'm not sick. I just don't feel 100%.
I find that overall, everything I've said I'd like to do just doesn't excite me. I don't care about travelling anywhere just now. Or decorating my study. I don't care about working in the yard or feel like purchasing supplies from the back-to-school selection as I typically do.
I have no desire to think about writing, no urging to start a project of any sort or even to keep up with general housework. And I find, more and more, that I'm keeping close to home.
I say all of this and at the same time can say very assuredly, I'm not depressed. I'm not sad. I just feel much as I do when I've gotten really tired.
Is this part of grieving?
Not having anyone else with whom I could discuss this I turned to Microsoft CoPilot to ask and lo and behold, yes, this is a normal part of grief as well. Typically hitting around 4-6 months after loss, many people just go into a quiet place where they no longer want to socialize and feel less than motivated. Co- Pilot suggested giving in to the need to rest, planning single small projects, patience with oneself.
So, I'm going to take the advice the web gave me. I'm going to rest. Go slow. Be patient with myself. Not plan big projects but work on one small one at a time. Do fewer outings and make those I do go on more one on one or quiet family things. This is just another part of the healing process and it's necessary, as all steps are.
So, for the rest of August and perhaps the first week or two of September, I'm going to take a break. I'm going to sit in the sun, have leisurely mornings, go to bed early, sleep late if I need to, read, watch movies, take long rides and treat myself gently. I'm going to eat good foods for my body and take it easy. And come the end of the month, I'll see if I feel more like myself.

I'm praying for a time of renewal for you and that you feel held close to the Father's heart. Much love!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Karla.
DeleteGrief has many layers, spirals, sometimes out of control. You are a very sensible, intelligent person, not one to ignore your overall health. You have a good plan to proceed, and of course, you know we all prayer for your well-being.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Donna. I'm beginning to feel capable of moving forward once more.
DeleteAugust is meant to be low and slow, the trees and flowers are winding down, the sun is hitting differently, and it seems as if it fits this season for you. Let your mind rest, and just breathe. Listen to God,, this is the quiet season when He speaks to us. Listen to your body, and take all the time you need. We will be here when you are ready.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Liz. I've been going to bed early and this morning, when I found I didn't feel rested, I went back to bed and slept hard for an additional three hours! I was quite shocked at myself, lol, but I feel so rested today.
DeleteAnd yes, I was watching sunset last night and realized that the sun had shifted in position and knew that this season is coming to an end.